Friday, April 28, 2023

Does God Tarry


[1]

Psalm 27:14 American Standard Version

14 Wait for Jehovah:
Be strong, and let thy heart take courage;
Yea, wait thou for Jehovah.

 It was tedious being in Arlington Gardens Care Center rehabilitation center after a nasty bout with West Nile Virus. They had done great things for me. When I arrived there, I couldn’t walk. My brain fever had made me speak a bunch of rubbish. I was terribly weak from three weeks of lying in bed. My memory was totally shot. I lost at least five weeks, including three weeks in hospital, of memory about my own experience. I am eternally grateful for all they have done for me; but they didn’t want to quit.

Now I was walking around freely. They insisted I push a wheel chair or a walker wherever I went—not because I needed it to walk—they were afraid that if I fell, I would sue them. My blood pressure was down to less than 110/50, yet they threatened to force the blood pressure medicine down my throat if I didn’t keep taking it. I began keeping it in my mouth until I could get to the bathroom and spit it down the toilet. I urged them to remove my catheter, but they delayed on that for weeks. When they finally removed it, it became evident that it had caused a UTI. They refused to admit that it was true until I finally got the nurse to look at the blood in the toilet after I urinated. Then they delayed treating it for almost a week.

When I demanded that they release me, they threatened that if I walked out on them, they would notify Medicare, and I would never be able to get any rehab again. Why were they so anxious to keep me? I assume because they were making big bucks on me and didn’t have to do the usual nursing service for me. They indicated that the only way they could discharge me was for a committee to meet and discharge me. Most of the people on the committee didn’t know me. They had not even seen me. Their sole interest appeared to be the almighty dollar.

The day I returned home, at long last, I walked around the block our house is on. It’s about ¾ mile (about 1 km), and I made it just fine. That evening my legs cramped, which indicated that I had exercised them far more than they were used to.

I had indeed waited a long time for Jehovah. Maybe He had His reasons for keeping me in rehab for so long.

Thank You, Lord, for overseeing my life and welfare. You surely know what is best for me even when I don’t see it or understand.

 ______________________

[1] https://clipartix.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Old-man-with-walker-clipart-clipartfest.jpeg

 

 

 


 

 

1 comment:

  1. Always always about the bottom line. If the pandemic hasn't proved that by now we're all doomed. Now i see how the right arm of the gospel will be so prominent at the end.

    ReplyDelete