Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Be Still And Know

 


[1]

Psalm 46:10 King James Version

10 Be still, and know that I am God

 

Often while I am sitting at my desk writing, our doggie, Katie, will come in and lie down at my feet. She will stay there as long as I don’t leave. She loves to accompany me when I go somewhere, and I think she finds that if she is with me, I’ll often take her along. If she is not with me, she may miss out on being with me when I do something else.

At least once a day we like to take a walk. If it’s daylight, then we walk in the hills surrounding our home. Once she is in the hills, I can let her off the leash, and she can run all over and explore her surroundings. If she detects a scent in a hole, she will dig in it vigorously, hoping to dislodge the occupant. She fancies herself a great hunter.

Often, we will dog sit our son’s dog, Oso.  When I’m sitting at my desk, Katie will assume her post at my feet. Oso will continuously pace the floor. When the time stretches as I write, Oso will eventually lie down. There is one big difference, however: Katie relaxes on her side; Oso lies down with all four paws under him ready to move at his slightest whim. He is constantly restless.

Katie has lived with us about 4 years and trusts us implicitly. She knows that we love her and will do the best we can for her. Oso doesn’t fully trust us; he questions our love for him. That seems natural—after all, Katie is at home, and Oso isn’t. However, the dogs behave the same way when they are both with my son. Oso is still the restless one. There appears to be a basic difference in the nature of the two.

You have noticed, of course, that there are some people who spend their time worrying while others seemed to be relaxed about their future. I think God is trying to tell us that we can trust Him with our future. After all, He is God. He promises us that He will do the best for us. He is God!

Thank You, Lord, that You are God. You always do the best for us. Help me to rest confidently in Your care.


 



[1] https://post.bark.co/health/why-does-my-dog-lie-on-my-feet/

2 comments:

  1. Good analogy- all about trusting the Master. Lord help us to be like Katie

    ReplyDelete