Monday, February 14, 2022

Love Is Patient


1 Corinthians 13:4 New International Version - UK (NIVUK)

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

Let’s face it; none of us married the totally ideal partner! I’m afraid I’m not a great communicator. I do things without saying a word, leaving Sylvia mystified. She wonders what I’m going to do next.

We have a library in the house. It fills two complete walls in our smallest bedroom. It then spills out onto bookcases and every level spot in every room of the house. Okay, so we’ve learned to live with it. Our (my) favorite pastime is to go to used bookstores and library book sales and look for more books.

But a major bomb shell hit me when I officially retired. That meant I needed to clean out my office. Not bad! Except it had an entire wall devoted to books. All of those books had to go somewhere. Every time I looked at them, I realize that I wanted to keep most of those books. So many of them arrived at home, most now in our storage shed.

On top of Sylvia’s honey-do list, she wants me to “retire” bunches of books. She still loves me even though I don’t think I have retired a single book in the last ten years. On the contrary, I’ve added several books practically every month. Actually, I just persuaded my daughter to take a collection of 18th and 19th century antique books that are family heirlooms. They were in the vacant shelf you can see on the right of the picture. As Neil Armstrong said when he first stepped onto the moon, “That’s one small step…”

Thank You, Lord, for a patient, loving wife.

 


 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment