Monday, October 26, 2020

Start at 85

 


[i]

Joshua 14:10-11 

Good News Translation (GNT)

Look at me! I am eighty-five years old and am just as strong today as I was when Moses sent me out. I am still strong enough for war or for anything else.

 Caleb came to Joshua and asked for the city of Hebron as a heritage. The Anakim lived in the city. Joshua asked for the city with full knowledge that he would have to drive out these giants in order to take possession. He was eager to get on with his task, wielding a mighty faith that God would do the dirty work for him.

 This text hit home when I read it. Here I am not yet 85. God has saved me from a killer disease and given me strength to keep the cancer at bay. He must have some Anakim for me to drive out.

 I thought of my blog site, Experiencing a Bible Verse, and realized that I have let it languish this year. I have only posted one item each in April, May, and June—and none in July, August, or September. Was it the Covid pandemic that depressed me? Has my faith languished, too? Has God deserted me? Is this one of the Anakim? Probably it is none of the above; I have simply allowed everyday things, even serious things, to dominate my time. My thoughts and energies have been captured by these simplistic things.

 Now doctor visits, Zoom meetings, swimming pool repainting, laundry, and cooking, rattlesnakes, memoir writing, and plumbing problems will all have to crowd together and make more room for meditating.

 Lord, help me prioritize what I do in my life.

 


[i] https://claudetee.com/tee/85th-birthday-idea-for-vintage-85-years-old-dude-bday-shirt/

No comments:

Post a Comment